About Me

My photo
Silicon Valley, CA
Just a chic geek living life with authenticity and style!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where to Find Your Holiday Dress Online

Courtesy of the World Wide Web
'Tis the season of chaos and mayhem at every retail venue or shopping mall as we get closer and closer to Christmas. The last thing you want to do is to brave the frontier of amateur, angst ridden, stressed out shoppers in order to find a great dress for all these impending holiday parties that have already gone underway. Nor do you want to overpay for a dress you feel might only wear once or twice for a festive occasion (although I hope that you can find different ways to dress it up and down to get the most of of your purchase). If I ever meet the person who came up with the idea of online shopping, I would not only shake their hand, I would kiss him or her on the cheek like I did once when I met Adam Brody in LA. I chalk that up to being spontaneous (I promise it wasn't champagne courage)...and lucky for me he's a very gracious guy.

Alas, I digress. Back to affordable dress shopping online. Here are some of my favorite online websites to buy great dresses without having to take out a personal loan to do so.

Lulu: www.lulus.com
I love this site. Great feminine girly dresses for less than $90 . But don't hesitate or save a dress on your wishlist too long...their inventory moves fast!

Asos: www.asos.com
Amazing UK shopping site with the latest trends from the other side of the pond. I love not only the dresses but also the accessories! The size and price search option also makes it super easy to pick up what works best for your body and budget.

Forever21: www.forever21.com
When it comes to finding something "in the moment" and affordable, F21 is my go-to online site. Shipping is free if you spend more than $75 and trust me, its easy to find at least a few items to make that happen. You can literally dress yourself H2T for under $80. What a sweet treat!

ModCloth: www.modcloth.com
This site has been around for awhile and has become one of my latest obsession. Not only are there adorable dresses but if you prefer a more vintage, retro feel, this is definitely the site for you!

BCBGeneration: www.bcbg.com
BCBG has always been a fan favorite for me for years and years when it comes to finding fabulous dresses. Of course when BCBGeneration launched, it was a total score because the price point makes it a bit easieron the wallet if you can't affore thier signature lines. You can definitely find a great dress for under $150.

Now grab a glass of wine, sit back and wait for the UPS guy to show up with your dress so you can get all dolled up for another three more weeks of holiday parties and NYE soirees! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is BCBG. Buy a cheap dress it looks like a cheap dress. Spend the extra $. Just buy something that you will wear again. Get your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soho500, I couldn't agree with you more so long as you can afford it! I do love a good dress especially a BCBG dress, but for others who still want a chance to look fun without breaking the bank and still have some moola left to buy presents for friends and family, these are great sites for moderate spenders. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete